An array of changes big & small in several areas, Studio-wide are paving the way for an enhanced experience for our Staff, Students & Guests.
The first major project was the installation of our new outer doors which occurred on Memorial Day, when our Studio was “closed” for the Holiday — so as to minimize disruption to our critical class operations and rehearsals.
- The primary purpose of these new outer doors is to help us moderate our winter heating, and summer cooling, costs by creating a “vestibule” buffer-zone.
- The new doors also provide us with an added layer of security — and help a little with street-side noise from Clark street.
- Additionally, the cracked glass side-window was replaced. This improvement also helps brighten our front reception area.
- We also had the cracked front window in Studio “A” replaced.
- TOTAL renovation of the Studio “B” bathroom — including a new toilet, glass block window and renovated sink area.
- Addition of electronic hand dryers — (so we can reduce some of our paper-costs) — and the installation of baby changing-stations, in our other 2 bathrooms.
- HVAC system enhancement & some minor electrical repair work.
- Improving our AC system — so the entire Studio will be better cooled this Summer.
- Installation of ceiling fans in Studios “B” & “D” — which will also help us with better heating/cooling of these spaces.
- … had the storefront black border repainted on the exterior below our windows.
- … is also working with a roofer to address some minor leakage issues.
- … will be replacing soiled & warped ceiling tiles throughout the space, that were damaged by roof leaks.